Flooring is one of the most important parts of your home and also increases the value of your home. Maintaining your wooden floors is absolutely necessary to prevent damage and reduce wear and tear. To add value to your home you need to maintain the floors of your home efficiently and make sure that it has the power to stand the test of time.
Ways to maintain timber floors
- Use mats from breathable fabrics that trap dirt and prevent moisture entrapment so that dirt and grit don’t get trodden inside.
- If possible you can also dust the floor with an electrostatic broom.
- Immediately wipe any accidental spills on the timber floor so that it doesn’t get absorbed or stick to the floor.
- Make sure that the timber floor is not exposed to direct sun rays as it can discolour the wood.
- Use fit protective pads on the legs of tables and chairs so that they can be easily moved without scuffing the floors.
- Get advice from reliable flooring expert like Ab Fab Floors to get a sanding and polishing job done after regular intervals to tackle small damages and also retain the natural gloss of the floors.